[wpkg-users] Thunderbird auto install extensions

Donny Brooks dbrooks at mdah.state.ms.us
Thu Jun 14 23:36:24 CEST 2012

    I have been trying to get Thunderbird to install extensions for a while now. However no matter what method I try according to the wpkg.org/Thunderbird wiki I am unable to get it to work. I did get the auto config to work properly with the directions on there. I have tried putting the .xpi file in the %PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Thunderbird\extensions\ folder named as the {extension-id}.xpi located in the install.rdf. I even tried adding a %PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Thunderbird\distribution\extensions\ folder and placing it there instead. I have tried putting the unzipped files from the .xpi file in the folder named the extension-id also. In my config I have added extensions.autoDisableScopes to 11 but nothing works. I am at a loss. The plugin I am trying to add is the sogo-integrator. Anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this not to work? I am testing manually but will be deploying this with our wpkg system.

Donny B.