[wpkg-users] Remote site repositories

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Mon May 14 17:32:23 CEST 2012

Mandi! Donny Brooks
  In chel di` si favelave...

> We are currently running our wpkg setup with just one central repository or software store. However we have samba "home servers" for all of our individual sections, some of which are remote offices. These remote offices internet connection back to us is via a T1 and can get backlogged easily. I am looking into a way to enable the users at these locations to be able to pull packages from a share on their local server rather than pull across the T1 ad be figthing with all of our other users also. I still want to keep the configs and base wpkg centralized so as to make administration easier. I could use rsync and cron to keep the remote packages up to date also. My issue is how to implement this? Would I simply change the individual people's profile.xml SOFTWARE variable to point to the share on their local server? Thanks in advance for an input.

I use this setup. I manage 10-15 WPKG ''server'', all recipe (packages)
base are kept in sync using csync2, while profile and hosts setup are
local.

Every installation have a different client config file (i use wpkg
client, so settings.xml) that point to the right software repository,
that i keep in sync with unison.

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin				    GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

	   http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/chi_siamo/5xmille.php