[wpkg-users] Remote site repositories

Donny Brooks dbrooks at mdah.state.ms.us
Mon May 14 18:14:34 CEST 2012

On Monday, May 14, 2012 11:06 AM CDT, Marco Gaiarin <gaio at sv.lnf.it> wrote:

> Mandi! Donny Brooks
>   In chel di` si favelave...
>
> > Thanks for that. So if I read correctly you actually have separate servers for each location? Meaning you have each locations wpkg client software pointing to their local server rather than a centralized one? Then you just make changes to the central settings.xml and it propogates to the other servers?
>
> Really, i've a centralized recipe (package/*.xml) database, while i
> have local hosts/profile management to handle some local differences.
>
> So i keep in sync package/*.xml and %SOFTWARE%, and handle the rest
> locally.
>
> [but it is my setup, every ''level'' of local/sync setup are possible]
>
> -- dott. Marco Gaiarin				    GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
>   Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/
>   Polo FVG  -  Via della Bontà, 7 - 33078  -  San Vito al Tagliamento (PN)
>   marco.gaiarin(at)sv.lnf.it	  tel +39-0434-842711  fax +39-0434-842797
>
> 		Dona il 5 PER MILLE a LA NOSTRA FAMIGLIA!
> 	   http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/chi_siamo/5xmille.php
> 	(cf 00307430132, categoria ONLUS oppure RICERCA SANITARIA)

I understand. So what I was thinking of doing with the clients still going back to the centralized wpkg server for configs but pulling software from local servers should work if I read correctly. I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't mess anything completely up before I started testing a small group. Thanks again.

--
Donny B.