[wpkg-users] cmd's not executed on some clients

Mike Burgener mike.burgener at u-blox.com
Mon May 21 20:32:06 CEST 2012

Am 21.05.2012 13:59, schrieb Rainer Meier:
> Hi Mike,
>
> On 21.05.2012 13:26, Mike Burgener wrote:
>> Has nobody any idea on this?
>
> Maybe you could post a full debug log from one of the machines where
> it obviously does not "update" properly and a full listing of the XML
> defining the package.
>
> Very likely WPKG does not execute the upgrade commands as it does not
> detect an upgrade - ie. this means the package was not installed in
> older revision on the nodes which do not "update" properly. If the
> package is "new" to a host, then WPKG executes the "install" commands,
> not "upgrade".
>
> So please check the local wpkg.xml on the nodes which do not work
> properly. Maybe these machines got an earlier version of the package
> deployed. If the revision attribute has not been incremented since
> then WPKG will not perform an upgrade. So assuming you probably
> incremented the revision attribute before, then these hosts might have
> performed the upgrade already and now if you change the package on
> server side without incrementing the revision then WPKG will not
> re-execute the upgrade commands.

this was also my idea, however it states it is "upgrading" and executing
the command however really nothing occurs absolutely nothing.

as i am a quite experienced sysadmin i tried out to debug alot however
not found anything usable.

i will try with a dummy package tomorrow (using install instead of
upgrade) if on that host it does actually do anything when using
<install> mode

regards

MIke