[wpkg-users] Log Files

J Powell nice2odie at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 05:48:07 CET 2012

I am trying to get WPKG client to write logs to a central location (the share, actually)

I read that WPKG could create logs in the form of WPKG-[hostname]-[YYYY]-[MM]-[DD].log  but I'm not sure where to set that feature …is it at the server side or client side?  And how to configure the WPKG client to actually log to the share with at least the hostname of the computer as the name.

When I configured WPKG client to write a log to the share folder, the program crashes on startup with a "Microsoft Crash Report" -- unnerving to users who aren't expecting anything like that.

Documentation is a litle confusing and unclear as to what the proper format should be and all that.

Thanks for your help

jp