[wpkg-users] Disable FBWF before installing software

heiko.helmle at horiba.com heiko.helmle at horiba.com
Wed Nov 14 08:40:25 CET 2012

> You can momentarily disable the FBWF to install programs and make
> other changes to the system but it requires a reboot.
> So : Disable FBWF > Reboot > Install Software > Enable FBWF > Reboot
> So I have used WPKG-GP successfully to install some basic software
> (Flash Player and what not) after disabling FBWF but would there be
> a way to have WPKG disable the FBWF if software has to be installed,
> reboot, proceed to the install and then re-enable it afterwards (and
> reboot) without going in a reboot cycle ?

I guess the following might work:

to disable before installation:
(this would have to go in every package unfortunately)
<install cmd='disable FBWF'>
        <condition>
                <check if FBWF is on/>
        </condition>
        <exit code='successfully disable code' reboot='true'/>
</install>

this will disable FBWF only if not already disabled and force an immediate
reboot without marking the package as installed - on the next boot would
skip this part and go on installing the package

to enable after installation:

have a package with priority 0 (so it installs last) and execute="changed"
attributes. This means this package will only install if some other
package hat a state change (install/upgrade/remove). Enable FBWF there.