[wpkg-users] Big problem with Java Update

Cedric Frayssinet cedric.frayssinet at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 11:05:09 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I've a big problem with Java update 6u35 on my schools, maybe it's not due
to WPKG... but i don't know what to do...

Upgrade on 6u30 or 31 was ok, but not in 6u35.

Upgrade seems to be ok with WPKG (we have wpkg.xml updated), but GeoGebra
doesn't work. Java is not properly updated.

I'm using these package :
http://rezotice.ac-lyon.fr/fluxbb/viewtopic.php?id=492

My tests :

- no problem with a pc without java
- problem with a upgrade (30 -> 35 or 31 -> 35)

In jre6 folder (C:\program files\java\) after an failed upgrade, we can
find :

- core.zip (35 Mo)

- patchjre.exe

- zipper.exe

And folder bin with msvcr71.dll et regutils.dll

and folder lib/ext whithout any files.

The log of java install seems to show an error, but i don't know what it
means :

java_install_reg.log : http://pastebin.com/WmLphrZF (
GetFileVersion for [C:\WINDOWS\system32\npdeployJava1.dll] failed - error
code: 1812)
java_install.log : http://pastebin.com/fkFpGnaP

If you have any idea, i will appreciate your help,

Thanks,

Cedric