[wpkg-users] User initiated runs of WPKG

Lonney lonney at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 19:22:19 CEST 2012

You could set it up as a scheduled task (configured with an admin
account), assuming you can make a shortcut to run the task on demand
that could work? Another way is to use the runas.exe command, but your
user/pass will be clear text in the script.

I'm using WPKG-GP, if anything needs to be updated, just reboot the
machine and the user cant interfere with the process or try and run
applications while they or something it depends on is being updated.

My thinking is a users PC is simply a tool to them, not something they
should have to maintain, but just use.

Lonney.