[wpkg-users] Negative Dependency

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 22:33:30 CEST 2012

Am 26.10.2012 22:07, schrieb Carlos R. Pasqualini:

> yes, but you put it on another package's dependencies...
> i want a way to say 'libreoffice conflicts with msoffice' in the
> libreoffice package definition, and 'msoffice conflicts with
> libreoffice' on the msoffice definition.

So the check might be moved one level up into the profile and the
package is only added if the other office suite isn't installed.

> what if i make a mistake when i'm selecting packages in the profile and
> selecting two conflicting packages? (very possible when we have profiles
> dependencies specified on different files).
> Having a conflict statement on the package definition level will reduce
> having troubles on user's machines.

I wouldn't deploy two office suites in one environment, at least there
should be a difference between departments.

What is the scenario that you envision?

I would think about starting to manage hosts that have already software
installed, which would result in such a situation.

You may just want to introduce a package "OfficeSuites", where you
include the appropriate office suites based on conditions.
Packages depending on office suites would depend on this particular package.

This is how I manage Java dependencies/inclusions and PDF readers, for
instance.

This way you will never apply two office suites to one host.

--
Stefan P.

Top-posting: