[wpkg-users] WPKG on Windows 7

Denis Witt denis.witt at concepts-and-training.de
Wed Sep 12 11:06:54 CEST 2012

On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 16:04:16 +0200
Marco Gaiarin <gaio at sv.lnf.it> wrote:

> I've acquired a good confidence with WPKG on XP 32 bit, and have
> waited so long permit me at least to move from XP 32bit to seven 64
> bit, with no grey/mixed areas, so with some simplification.

Hi Marco,

there are two things:

1. Don't use WPKG-Client on Shutdown. I had at least one setup program
that, most of the time, failed to finish the installation before the
machine was shut down.

2. If you has to install unsigned drivers on Win7 64-bit you will run
into problems. There appears an error message, even when the
installation is supposed to be run silent. Auto IT will not help when
you're using WPKG-Client (neither at boot nor at shutdown). I assume
Auto IT is unable to find the window at this stage.

I switched to call wpkg.js via logon script after the user has already
logged in showing a (fake) progress bar as long as there is an
installation running. My setups are usually quite small so this isn't a
real problem.

Best regards
Denis Witt