[wpkg-users] WPKG on Windows 7

Denis Witt denis.witt at concepts-and-training.de
Wed Sep 12 14:37:08 CEST 2012

On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 13:41:17 +0200
Luca Manganelli <luca_manganelli at comune.trento.it> wrote:

> I don't like, as the author of this thread, to execute installations
> of programs at logon time. OpenOffice installations takes minutes
> (from 15 to 5 depending on system).

I don't "like" it either, but it was the most reliable thing I could
figure out. As written, I usually deploy small installations (like
Firefox) so it doesn't bother my users (they come to the office, starts
the machine, log in and then they grab a cup of coffee, when they come
back to their desk usually everything is done).

If there is a bigger installation pending I'll inform them so they
could cancel the deployment if they are in a hurry (I'll see in the
Logfiles if they do this too often).

If you can come up with a logoff-Solution I'm happy to hear from that.

Best regards
Denis Witt