[wpkg-users] WPKG on Windows 7

Daniel Berteaud daniel at firewall-services.com
Wed Sep 12 17:07:17 CEST 2012

Le 12/09/2012 16:59, Denis Witt a écrit :
> Hi Daniel,
>
> have you ever tried to run an AutoIT-Script which, for example, confirm
> a Win7 64bit untrusted/unsigned driver message (like it happens when
> you try to install FreePDFXP (http://freepdfxp.de/)? Did those messages
> even appear in visible mode?

Until now, I had no need to use Auto IT. For untrusted drivers, the best
approach is to first extract the certificate from the .inf file, and
import it in the trusted store just before the installation (you can
take a look at the needed step here: http://wpkg.org/OpenVPN). The only
problem is when the driver is signed with an expired certificate (and
it's the case for the latest stable OpenVPN build). I haven't a solution
to this for now.
But, most of the time (I deploy about 35 different softwares using
WPKG), I have no problem and I always found a way to install silently.

Regards, Daniel

--
Daniel Berteaud
FIREWALL-SERVICES SARL.