[wpkg-users] msiexec fails when pointed to dfsr share

Jason Taylor jtaylor at morrislaing.com
Thu Apr 4 17:20:43 CEST 2013

Thanks for the help Stefan! I figured out what was wrong. It turned out that our SOFTWARE variable had had a trailing slash. In an effort to recreate what WPKG does, I wrote a small javascript function that alternated between using DFSR and the normal SMB share. Initially I forgot to escape the backslashes and got the 1619 error.

After fixing that I noticed they both worked. I started taking a closer look at what path was being used and noticed the extra backslash. I can only guess that it was somehow escaping something in the path that caused it to fail.

Thanks for the help!
- Jason