[wpkg-users] Java 7 update issues

Jason Taylor jtaylor at morrislaing.com
Thu Apr 18 15:45:22 CEST 2013

> I _think_ it appears when an app using either Java or the Java plugin
> is running, and we're supposed to see the messagebox asking us to
> close those apps before the install can occur.  Except it fails
> miserably for reasons unknown.
> Probably something to do with Win7's security context being subtly
> different from the user's, subtle enough that the installer's drawing
> API is sending the window in the wrong place.  Or something.
>

> Nicolas

We had a problem with JRE7 hanging (We're using WPGK-GP.) Our package is
set up to uninstall all versions of java, and install the current version. During
either the uninstall or install (I don't know which, my boss handled the java
packages) it was prompting to close jqs.exe. We just added a taskkill to kill
jqs.exe.

That solved the hanging problem we were experiencing.

p.s. Many apologies for responding to you Nicolas. I'm not a big mailing list person, and Outlook is making this a pain (From replies going directly to people, to having to manually edit every single reply to quote properly.)

Jason Taylor
Morris, Laing, Evans, Brock & Kennedy
300 N Mead Ste 200
Wichita, KS 67202