[wpkg-users] What is best way to have WPKG notify me that all packages are installed?

Falko Trojahn wpkg at trojahn.de
Wed Dec 4 22:15:21 CET 2013

Hello Carlos,

please, don't full quote + top post and/or setup your mail client well.

Carlos Gomes - STI Unesp Franca --> 04.12.2013 21:49:
> well, I tryed to change on the settings file for creatint eht installer,
> but the parameter /loglevel:<32> would break the xml... Can anyone
> please send an example of the config.xml file with some log levels
> setted up?
>

>     Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but if that's the way you've been
>     setting the log level, make sure the logLevel value in config.xml
>     and the logLevel switch on the command line are not overwriting the
>     default. http://wpkg.org/Config.xml http://wpkg.org/WPKG_flags
>
>     -Chris

At the same place where your wpkg.js is stored, you should find
config.xml. If not - unpack the distribution again.

in "config.xml" you find the following lines.

You have to put the same parameter line like in the example, but not
within "<!--  .... -->" comment lines, into your xml. As you can see
here, log level 7 is set (0x7 is standard and means "log all possible
messages"):

         <!--

                 * Log level is defined as a bitmask. Just sum up the
values of each log
                 * severity you would like to include within the log
file and add this value
                 * to your config.xml or specify it at /logLevel:<num>.
                 * Specify 0 to disable logging.
                 *  1: log errors only
                 *  2: log warnings
                 *  4: log information
                 *  8: log audit success
                 * 16: log audit failure
                 *
                 * Examples:
                 *     31 log everything (1+2+4+8+16=31)
                 *     13 log errors, information and audit success
(1+4+8=13)
                 *      3 log errors and warnings only (1+2=3)
                 *
                 * Default value      : "0xFF"
                 * Command-line switch: /logLevel:<level>

         -->
         <!--
                 <param name='logLevel' value='0xFF' />
         -->
                 <param name='logLevel' value='7' />

So - the last line is not within the comment signes ...

logLevel 7 means in this example:
1+2+4  = log errors, warnings and information

Best regards,
Falko