[wpkg-users] Java struggle

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Wed Dec 4 22:38:46 CET 2013

Hi Jürgen,

On 04.12.2013 11:49, Jürgen Depicker wrote:
> Dear Rainer,
>
> I've been using your collection of scripts successfully for about a year now; enormous thanks for that.
>
> Oracle recently changed the structure of the uninstall string though, which caused some troubles in my network :-) (java kept on being upgraded at every boot).  I quickly solved the issue by modifying the install check as follows underneath; did you make the same modification or did you solve it differently?

My Scripts have been slightly evolved. Now I actually decoupled settings from
current versions so my settings.cmd now sources general-versions.cmd to be
updated. I am used to define WPKG_PROFILE for customer-specific deployments.
This allows me to simply create settings-%WPKG_PROFILE%.cmd for customers which
require different Java settings as my defaults are quite restrictive:

- Dropped Java 1.6 as it's not under support any more
- No browser plugin is installed

So some customers might ask me to install Java including Browser plugins. Then I
can just deploy custom settings.cmd using WEB_JAVA=1.

Latest scripts uploaded here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2015365/JavaSE.zip