[wpkg-users] Installing an .exe from a remote server

Carl van Eijk carl.vaneijk+wpkg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 23:51:43 CET 2013

On 12 February 2013 22:31, Antony Awaida <antony at bizappcenter.com> wrote:

> Hi Carl:
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. I am not very familiar with powershell.
> Getting an error when i try to run any of the commands above:
>
> Thanks, Antony
>
> c:\WPKG>powershell -command "(new-object
> System.Net.WebClient).DownloadFile('htt
> p://ipv4.download.thinkbroadband.com/5MB.zip','C:\5MB.zip')"
> Exception calling "DownloadFile" with "2" argument(s): "An exception
> occurred d
> uring a WebClient request."
> At line:1 char:47
> + (new-object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadFile <<<< ('
> http://ipv4.download.th
> inkbroadband.com/5MB.zip','C:\5MB.zip')
>     + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [],
> MethodInvocationException
>     + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DotNetMethodException
>
> Hi Antony,

Please can you reply to the whole list, perhaps other might have some more
insight where I fail.

That's just an example, can you download the file directly via a browser,
or do you have an internal file you can try instead?
Do you have a proxy perhaps causing trouble? Or local permissions.
It could be a syntactical issue if you're running an older powershell
version.

I can;t replicate the issue right now...