[wpkg-users] strange %SOFTWARE% behaviour

Ingo Arndt arndt.i at sps-berlin.de
Wed Feb 20 07:13:01 CET 2013

Am 20.02.2013 00:06, schrieb jurgen.depicker at let.be:> Dear all,

 > we just changed fileserver, and so I need to change the value of
 > %SOFTWARE% to reflect the new situation.  We use wpkg and wpkg-gp.
 >
 > Although I changed the %SOFTWARE% from the old IP (172.16.1.2) to the
 > new one (172.16.15.33), the old ip still sometimes shows up, which
 > drives me crazy...

If it is a machine running wpkg-gp maybe you haven't changed the group
policy settings or the machines didn't receive the correct settings yet.
Or may you have not changed the machines local wpkg settings file
Wpkg-GP.ini [EnvironmentVariables].

I had similliar problems with wpkg-gp when I wanted to change my
software path to another wpkg software directory for testing packages.
I did change the local wpkg-gp.ini file but did forget about the group
policy. For testing I now set "IgnoreGroupPolicy = 1" and change the
SOFTWARE variable and WpkgCommand in the local file so I don't have to
mess with the group policy just for testing some packages.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Ingo Arndt

http://www.sps-berlin.de