[wpkg-users] newbie Question

Michael Mosel Michael.Mosel at gcsc.uni-giessen.de
Thu Jan 31 12:39:56 CET 2013

Hello everyone,

my name is Michael Mosel and I just started my position as IT guy at the International Graduate Centre for the Study of Culture (GCSC) at Justus-Liebig-University of Gießen. One my successors had started using WPKG but unfortunately has not documented anything. Since I have never used WPKG myself, I am kind of lost right now.
Although I googled quite a lot and read large parts of the documentation, I have a very basic question to start with:
What exactly is the "wpkg-status" folder for?
It is filled with tons of xml files holding information about our PCs and also install queries which do NOT match the ones I have defined in the package files which kind of puzzles me.
Can anyone shed some light on this (I guess pretty basic) question?

Yours,
Michael Mosel
--
Michael Mosel | Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter
Website

Tel.: +49.641.993 00 43
Tel.: +49.641.993 00 41 (GCSC Office)
Michael.Mosel at gcsc.uni-giessen.de