[wpkg-users] Character Set Problems / Acrobat X

Gerhard Vogt dr.gerhard.vogt at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 10 13:01:41 CEST 2013

Hello,

I am struggling with the package definition for Acrobat X since quite a few
days. The european version has a "Ç" in the word Francais in the
product name. I tried various ways to enter the string in acrobat.xml but
alway get xml parsing errors.

The XML statement causing the problem is

        <check type="uninstall" condition="exists" path="Adobe Acrobat X
Standard - English, FranÇais, Deutsch" />
or

        <check type="uninstall" condition="exists" path="Adobe Acrobat X
Standard - English, Français, Deutsch" />

Here is the error message (translated from german to english)

2013-06-10 09:18:47, ERROR   : Error parsing xml '//
computername.mydomain.de/Software_Dist/wpkg/packages/acrobat_x_std.xml':
Das Stylesheet does not contain a document element.  The Stylesheet ist
possible empty or is no well formed  XML-documtent.

2013-06-10 09:18:47, ERROR   : No root element found in '//
computername.mydomain.de/Software_Dist/wpkg/packages/acrobat_x_std.xml'.
What can I do? If I don't fix that bug, WPKG tries to install acrobat every
time I restart the clients.

Regards

Gerhard