[wpkg-users] installshield exe install fails

Antony Awaida antony at bizappcenter.com
Fri Jun 21 16:04:06 CEST 2013

Hi there:

I am trying to install ipro suite 8.5 on a windows 7 64 bit. the
package is an installshield based exe with an embedded msi.

So I am able to install the ipro suite from the administrator command
prompt using: 8.5.exe /s /v"/qn /L* logfile" . I have the setup.iss
file in the same directory as the exe.

When I try to do the install using WPKG (running as system), I get the
error: Could not process (install) package: Exit code returned
non-successful value (-1) on command: 8.5.exe /s /v"/qn /L*logfile"

Looking at the msi log, there are a bunch of errors:

1: Failed to extract ISRT.dll, error is 32
1: Failed to extract _IsRes.dll, error is 32
Failed to create uninstallation information, error is 0x80070002

Though I also get the message:

MSI (s) (04:74) [06:54:42:809]: Product: IPRO Tech Suite 8.5 --
Installation operation completed successfully.

I tried to extract the msi (using 8.5.exe /a) and install it using
msiexec, but it returns a meaningless dialog: "1:"

I would appreciate any insight....

Regards,
Antony