[wpkg-users] chain/depend strangeness...

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 07:09:33 CEST 2013

Am 29.06.2013 00:43, schrieb Carlos R. Pasqualini:

> i understand that if i put libreoffice on the profile, i agree with you
> on it.
>
> but what happens if in a profile y put (may be by mistake)
> libreoffice-help but not libreoffice?
>
> in that was what i was thinking when specified the dependency of
> libreoffice-help on libreoffice

Since LibreOffice is installed on many systems, I would put it into a
common profile and use extended host matching to ex-/include those that
don't need it.

I have initially used self-contained profiles, but have now moved any
package that applies to multiple profiles into a common profile.

Example:

<package package-id="HardLinkShellExt" hostname="VM\-"/>
<package package-id="LibreOffice"      os="6\.1\.\d{4}"/>

This way I only have to manage each package in a single profile.

--
Stefan P.

Top-posting: