[wpkg-users] WPKG and User Account Control Warnings

heiko.helmle at horiba.com heiko.helmle at horiba.com
Fri Mar 1 07:43:41 CET 2013

> > We have created a script that includes WPKG. The script is called from
> > a browser when a user performs an action (e.g. pushes a button).
> >
> > However, every time the script is called to make an install/uninstall,
> > UAC comes into the picture and issues a warning.
> >
> > We can of course disable UAC, but it does not sound like a good idea.
> >
> > Does anyone have any insights into how to stop UAC warnings when WPKG
> > is trying to install/uninstall software?
> >

> You can't stop it if the installation needs administrative rights.
>
> If the installation is run by a service, you could overcome this
> limitation of Windows.

Only thing you could do is start the script itself already elevated. This
way you'll get only one UAC prompt instead of one on every install cmd.

I was hoping for WPKG-GP to evolve to something that could receive more
commands than just 'execute'. Unfortunately development on that project
seems to have ceased (like my effort in learning python...).