[wpkg-users] Global max execution time hardcoded?

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Tue Mar 26 17:31:07 CET 2013

Mandi! Rainer Meier
  In chel di` si favelave...

> I think we are perhaps talking about different timeouts. The WPKG
> timeout is only about timing out single commands.

...i'm confided that i make no more then one mistake/recipe, and deploy
upgrade no more that two recipe/day. ;)
Rainer: this is perfectly clear to me that this timeout is
per-command and not global.
I restate: i need a parachute for some worst-case scenario.

A little example, no more then 30 minutes ago: i was setting up reader
XI recipe, and to catch the UUID i've opened the msi in InstedIT! and
forgot open in my virtual box with my account, that have write access
to the installer folder.
I've setup the recipe, run in the test machine and stalled. Stalled.
For an hour.

I've found that InstedIT! lock exclusively the file, and client that
run msiexec are put on hold.

Was my test setup, but if i forgot InstedIT! open in my production
environment? ;-)

> I never used this feature). WPKG-GP might technically be unable to
> offer WPKG run on user input (e.g. pressing key combination to
> terminate WPKG). But WPKG-GP might introduce a global timeout and
> after timeout let users logon as normal either keeping WPKG run in
> background or terminate it.

I'm working with my boss to make it possible to ''sponsor'' some more
development on WPKG-GP, to add missing features.
For now, only a (good) idea.

But i need to move to win7 now, so i need my parachute...

PS: thanks for the code, i will look and test it tomorrow.

  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                    http://www.sv.lnf.it/

	   http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/chi_siamo/5xmille.php