[wpkg-users] [OT?] Acrobat Reader, Windows 7, search.

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Thu May 16 11:59:38 CEST 2013

Probably i'm a bit OT, but really i don't know where ask a thing like
that... google seems not to help me. ;(

I'm starting a migration from XP 32bit to Win7 mostly 64 bit. I'm
facing some trouble, that i'm solving, mostly with the help of WPKG.

One of this trouble came from the ''search'' function, that in win7
only work on local drives (or in offline-syncronized ones).

Looking around i've hit:

	http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2268596

fix was just installed (probably applied to some subsequent patch), and
adding the registry key EnableSearchingSlowLibrariesInStartMenu=1 works
for, eg, .doc and .xls.

But still does not fork for .PDF: seems to me that the acrobat reader
(XI) installed does not have ''registered'' himself to some ''search
hook'', and so the .pdf are skipped.

Someone can give me some clue? Thanks.

  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                    http://www.sv.lnf.it/

	   http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/chi_siamo/5xmille.php