[wpkg-users] Installshield msi exit code 1603

Pete Boyd petes-lists at thegoldenear.org
Wed May 1 15:31:42 CEST 2013

> Property(S): ISSCRIPT_ENGINE_VERSION = 10.50.0.125
>
> Property(S): ISSCRIPT_VERSION_MISSING = The InstallScript engine is
> missing from this machine.  If available, please run ISScript.msi, or
> contact your support personnel for further assistance.
>
> Property(S): ISSCRIPT_VERSION_OLD = The InstallScript engine on this
> machine is older than the version required to run this setup.  If
> available, please install the latest version of ISScript.msi, or contact
> your support personnel for further assistance.

I forgot that I was going to also mention that maybe a previous use of
InstallShield has installed InstallShield on this computer and
subsequent uses of other InstallShield installers call this installed
InstallShield. (I'm just positing that that's the way it works, as I've
met some that do but can't recall off the topic of my head which) and
that that previous installation of InstallShield is too old for this
newer use of an InstallShield installer, if you get what I mean...

--
Pete Boyd

thegoldenear.org
openplanit.co.uk