[wpkg-users] uninstall and Wow6432Node

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Mon May 13 16:13:55 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 13.05.2013 16:06, le dahut wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 64 bits systems, does WPKG "uninsall" check also check :
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Yes.

> Or only
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

It checks both.

> In the last case, what do you propose to check 32bits software installation on
> 64bits OS ?

You can use any uninstall string. WPKG will look for such software in both keys
seamlessly just like the software control panel item. Theoretically it would be
possible to have the same woftware name installed in both locations where then
an uninstall check in WPKG would match for any of the installed packages. If you
would have to work-around such a situation (identically named 32-bit and 64-bit
software and you need to check for a specific one) you might use registry path
checks. However I think this will barely ever happen.

So safely use the uninstall check to check for 32-bit or 64-bit uninstall entry
without caring where the key is physically located.

NOTE: In order to access 64-bit uninstall entries you need to make sure to run
WPKG from 64-bit cscript.exe. So either make sure to run WPKG from 64-bit
launcher like 64-bit WPKG client or use the included wrapper.js script.