[wpkg-users] powershell install command

Paul McGrath J.P.McGrath at leeds.ac.uk
Sat Nov 9 11:32:33 CET 2013

Hi,
  I am playing with installing  standalone AppV packages using WPKG.  If I do everything manually then I am able to publish the AppV package.  However, if I try and WPKG script the powershell commands, run them ina ps1 file or use .bat to call the ps1 file nothing happens.  The Apps are not published.

This is my example package:

                <package id="nppp-appv" name="Notepad PlusPlus AppV" revision="1"
                                reboot="false" priority="10">

                                <check type="file" condition="exists" path="c:\netinst\notepadplusplus\notepadplusplus.appv" />

         <install cmd='cmd /c xcopy "%SOFTWARE%\appv\notepadplusplus\*.*" "%SystemDrive%\NetInst\notepadplusplus\" /c /r /y /q' />
                <install cmd='%comspec% /c powershell "%SystemDrive%\netinst\notepadplusplus\NotePadPP-add.ps1" ' />
                                <remove cmd='%comspec% /c powershell "%SystemDrive%\netinst\notepadplusplus\NotePadPP-remove.ps1" ' />
                                <remove cmd='%comspec% /c rmdir /q /s "%SystemDrive%\netinst\notepadplusplus" ' />

                </package>

The AppV package is copied to the the local disk but the powershell command doesn't complete.

The notepadpp-add.ps1 script is:
Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned
Import-Module Appvclient
Add-AppvClientPackage -Path C:\netinst\NotepadPlusPlus\NotepadPlusPlus.appv
Publish-AppvClientPackage NotepadPlusPlus

If I run this in a dos box then the package is added and published.

Is there an issue runningn powershell at System level?

------------------------------
Paul McGrath,
IT Manager for St James's Campus Infrastructure and Facilities (SCIF)
Including Leeds Institute of Biomedical and Clinical Sciences (LIBACS),Leeds Institute of Cancer and Pathology (LICAP),Leeds Institute of Rheumatological and Musculoskeletal Medicine (LIRMM) and St James's Biomedical Services (SBS)
Brenner Building,
School of Medicine,
University of Leeds,
St James's University Hospital,