[wpkg-users] Java7 for all but one host

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 21:58:33 CET 2013

Am 01.11.2013 14:35, schrieb Jáder Marasca:
> Stefan
>
> Thanks by your quick ansser... but I´m not sure if I understood it.
> I have a Java7 package as from wiki page.
> I´ll update it to include the new verification.
>
> It will became something like to avoid install on hostname "PC-MICHELE":
>

> (...)
>   name="Java Runtime Environment 7"
>   revision="%version%"
>   reboot="false"
>   priority="100">
> *  <condition>*
> *            <check type="logical" condition="not">*
> *                <check type="host" condition="hostname"
> value="PC-MICHELE"/>*
> *            </check>*
> *  </condition>*

No, that doesn't work as you may think and it is not supported either.

There are multiple ways to exclude a package.

In my case I add the "Java" package to all profiles and that package
will decide which Java version to install.
This will reduce the need to add host checks to one spot.

Since I don't know your WPKG structure it is hard to tell what would be
the best way for you.

If you have one common profile, you can exclude the host in that
profile, so you only need the "Java7" package.

If you have no common profile, you would end up with two packages,
"Java" and "Java7", where "Java" is included in every profile and it
will decide if "Java7" needs to be installed.

Make sure to read the change log file shipping with WPKG, so you know
what is really supported.

--
Stefan P.

Top-posting: