[wpkg-users] InnoSetup, uninsXXX.exe and "uninsXXX.dat is corrupted"

Ulli Conrad ulli.conrad at bio.uni-goettingen.de
Tue Nov 5 14:07:04 CET 2013

Hi there,

On 5 Nov 2013 you wrote:

> The problem is that sometimes there is a "QT Lite\unins001.exe" and in
> this case, executing "QT Lite\unins000.exe" returns a popup error :
InnoSetup apparently doesn't overwrite uninst*.* files when
upgrading, but increases filename.
Therefore I handle InnoSetup uninstallers by removing old uninst*.*
files when upgrading:

<upgrade  cmd='%COMSPEC% /C if exist
"%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\AppInstalledByInnoSetup\unins*.*" del
"%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\AppInstalledByInnoSetup\unins*.*" /Q /F' />

InnoSetup will create them new (naming them uninst000.* ) when
upgrading.

To be on the safe side, I'll check for uninstaller file names when
removing:

<remove cmd='%COMSPEC% /C if exist
"%PROGRAMFILES%\AppInstalledByInnoSetup\unins000.exe"
"%PROGRAMFILES%\AppInstalledByInnoSetup\unins000.exe" /VERYSILENT
/NORESTART /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES />

Hope this helps

- Ulli -