[wpkg-users] WPKG for remote / offline clients (who are never local)

Patrick CAHILL pjcah0 at eq.edu.au
Tue Aug 12 04:36:00 CEST 2014

Hi All,
if the size of your updated WPKG distribution is going to larger than is efficient or economical on remote internet connections, why not put the files required on a flash drive or external hard drive and have it posted?

Since I assume you are in the UK and that you currently are not updating WPKG often this might be the most time effective way of doing it, if the Royal Mail / courier service has a fair price for shipping something that small in a fast timerame.

You can have a simple robocopy script update the local WPKG installation with the files on the usb.
This will eliminate possible 3G charges and tying up a slow link for an extended period.

If you only have a limited supply of external disks you could have them send it on to the next closest remote user.

It may be a step backward from doing everything online and having it available instantly, but if updates are large or infrequent it may be an appealing option.

--
 thanks
-Pat Cahill