[wpkg-users] Flash 16 ActiveX Plugin

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 13:24:54 CET 2014

Am 24.12.2014 20:10 schrieb "Will Aoki" <waoki at umnh.utah.edu
<mailto:waoki at umnh.utah.edu>>:

 > On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 03:35:49PM -0300, Jáder Marasca wrote:
 > > 1) why there are two extra variables:
 > >      <variable name="NPAPI_VERSION" value="16.0.0.235" />
 > >       <variable name="ACTIVEX_VERSION" value="16.0.0.235">
 >
 > It's because in the past the NPAPI and ActiveX have been released with
 > different versions.  To the best of my knowledge, the last time Adobe
 > did that was 14.0.0.176 (ActiveX-only) / 14.0.0.179 (NPAPI-only).

This can be overcome by using the lower version number. I have never had
trouble doing so, since the previous version was always lower than the
lower current version.

Since flash player is such a small footprint, I always install both, no
need to remember to install the plug in if you add a different browser
afterwards.

--
Stefan P.

Top-posting: