[wpkg-users] Settings screen resolution

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 00:21:54 CET 2014

Am 26.01.2014 23:28, schrieb Paul McGrath:
> I've done a lot of research on this today and I've learned that it is not possible as the 'system' level execution of the various tools (Display Changer, QRes and vmctl) is unable to interact with the 'explorer' desktop to affect the resolution changes.
> It is possible to edit some registry values but that then requires a reboot.  Not really what I hoped.

Nowadays monitors and graphic adapters decide to use the native
resolution of the monitor.
Setting the screen resolution through the person in front of the monitor
is still the preferred way.

What do you like to accomplish?
Why is setting the screen resolution by a software deployment tool so
important, when it can be easily done by the user?

--
Stefan P.

Top-posting:
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.