[wpkg-users] Access base dir in package definition

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Tue May 13 16:51:29 CEST 2014

Hi Oliver,

On 13.05.2014 16:32, Oliver Sauder wrote:
> Yep a wrapper script should do the trick, although this has the
> disadvantage that all different calls have to call the wrapper script.
> Doable but will give me some work to reconfigure all systems/scripts...

WPKG needs some kind of wrapper in one or the other way anyway as you need to
launch cscript.exe with wpkg.js and some other arguments. So something has to
call it. Just executing wpkg.js is not possible anyway as you need to launch it
with parameters.

So I usually just keep a simple cmd script in wpkg folder to launch it.
Three-liner, or add some more lines to define more global variables. It doesn't
get any simpler than that.

> For now we have put the location as variable in the config.xml but a bit
> annoying to change such and I guess the wrapper script should be more
> convenient.

This is easy to do as well. Also you could specify variables in profiles or host
definitions.