[wpkg-users] Extend package definition for one host only

Frank Morawietz nestolea at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 20:39:35 CEST 2014

Hi there,

I'm pondering about a very special configuration and would welcome your
input / experiences.

I have a nice package definition, that is working fine for all my
different Windows versions. (Updates the Adobe Flashplayer to be
concrete, but that doesn't matter here.)

Now I got the conception to extend the update with one more task for
only one of the computers. That is, all computers will execute the
update as they already do. But the very special computer does the update
and after completion of the update, it - and only this one - should
execute an additional command.

I believe that I can use the check type host like this
<check type="host" condition="hostname" value="NAMEOFCOMPUTER" />
to isolate the special computer.

But what does this mean to the other ones? If I just add this line to
the package definition followed by an install cmd, wouldn't this
restrict the whole update to only work on the single computer with the
specified name?
Further, how can I influence the order of the commands? The additional
task can only be executed after the update commands.

I am puzzled, how to add this to the existing package definition...
Or would it be better to create another package definition only for the
additional task and chain load it after the update? But then again, how
can I restrict that only one node chains the additional package...?

Thanks in advance for your ideas!
Frank
--
Frank Morawietz