[wpkg-users] Extend package definition for one host only

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 08:46:25 CEST 2014

Am 03.10.2014 23:50, schrieb Frank Morawietz:
> Stefan Pendl schrieb:
>> That is not the same as mine, since on 64-bit Windows always the 32-bit
>> and 64-bit flash player is installed.
>
> Are you sure, Stefan?
>
> To me it looks like the installation program itself decides which
> version to install and installs only one of them.

64-bit Windows contains 32-bit and 64-bit IE, so both flash player
architectures must be installed.

There is also 32-bit Firefox and its 64-bit variant Waterfox, so these
also need both flash player plug-ins.

There are more packages where you have to install both architectures on
Windows 64-bit, like Java Runtime Environment.

On 64-bit Windows 32-bit flash is installed to
"%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash" and the 64-bit architecture is
installed to "%SystemRoot%\System32\Macromed\Flash".

--
Stefan P.

Top-posting: