[wpkg-users] Passing variables between WPKG and AutoIt

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 08:21:59 CEST 2014

Am 06.10.2014 um 23:04 schrieb Kevin Hall:
> Hi Everyone
>
> I would like to do this:
>
> WPKG runs an AutoIt GUI which asks the user "Do you want to install
> program x ? Yes No"
>
> If answer$ = yes, WPKG installs the program.
>
> If answer$ = no, WPKG does not install the program but continues
> processing.
>
> How do I pass the variable answer$ from AutoIt back to WPKG?
WPKG is designed to run without user interaction and in the context of
an administrative user.

There is a file check of type execute which checks against the result
(returned error code), but that is not suitable.

Your AutoIt program must return 0 (zero) or any other value, then you
could use it as the first install command and the package installation
would only proceed on the return of zero.

Still I think that the Administrator decides which software has to go on
which computer and user has only the ability to use it or not, so there
is no need to let the user decide what to install.

--
Stefan P.

Top-posting:
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.