[wpkg-users] Passing variables between WPKG and AutoIt

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 10:16:47 CEST 2014

Am 08.10.2014 um 10:06 schrieb Kevin Hall:
> Thank you Stefan, I will try that.
>
> Just to clarify, my users are teachers who have to be ready to teach
> at set times. Therefore, I want to allow them to install software when
> it is convenient.

In this case I would suggest a different way.

Create a list of available software installable through WPKG and let the
user select from that list.
For each of the selected packages run WPKG with the option to install it.

With the latest release of WPKG the package will be updated if the
package on the server updates.
If you happen to add it to the profile applied to the host, it will no
longer have the manually installed flag set and will be removed when you
remove it from the profile.

With this way you don't have to interrupt each package installation, but
just start WPKG with the packages to be manually installed.

--
Stefan P.

Top-posting: