[wpkg-users] GetMSIProperties

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 23:44:37 CEST 2014

Am 15.10.2014 um 23:25 schrieb Marco Schmidt:
> Using the msi file is another option. I thought about this, too.
>
> But I am not sure, which msi you mean.
>
> 1. the one you use to install
> This means to keep many old versions of the installer (at least if the
> version number is part of the msi-filename).

I only keep the latest release of the installer, since the old release
is always replaced by the new one.

> 3. sometimes the msi is packed in an exe file used to install
> This means (1) could not be used and thus it is needed to find the
> UUID to uninstall or to find the uninstall msi like described in (2).

Some EXEs support uninstall command line switches, so there are only
rare cases where one needs to know the UUID.

In my case I need the UUID for instance for JRE and a hand full of other
applications.
On the other hand the flash player EXE supports the -uninstall command
line switch and removes any release of flash.

--
Stefan P.

Top-posting: