[wpkg-users] Check registry key fails on Windows XP x64 machine

Ulli Conrad ulli.conrad at bio.uni-goettingen.de
Thu Oct 23 10:55:55 CEST 2014

On 23 Oct 2014 Heiko wrote:

> Could you make sure that WPKG is running in a 64bit process. If it
Yes it is, installed 64bit client, it is running as service on start
up. All other (mixed 32 and 64 bit applications) are installed
properly

On 23 Oct 2014 Marco wrote:

> Oh, sorry, I see now, that your registry key is not in the part
> which differs in 32/64bit.
Yes, looks like this key is the same on x86 and x64 machines.

> Have you tried "HKLM" instead of "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" ?
Yes, tried both...

Registry check works fine on WIndows XP (32bit) and Windows 7 (32bit
and 64bit), just not on WIndows XP 64bit. The script which installs
this TCP/IP printer port works also fine and creates the desired
port, it's just not detected in the check after installation...

Ok, try to find some time do to a debug run...

- Ulli -