[wpkg-users] How to uninstall previous versions

Marco Schmidt schmidt at fgcz.ethz.ch
Sun Sep 28 13:54:02 CEST 2014

Hello,

your question addresses two (nearly independent) problems.
1. uninstall ALL previous versions of libreoffice
2. can this be done with wpkg

For a complete answer of (1) it is best to ask in a libreoffice support
forum.
Maybe someone from this list could give you some hints, if you tell us
in more detail, what you mean by "all versions of libreoffice".
Could be that "msiexec /x libreoffice.msi /passive" would do the job.

The answer to (2) is the easy part :-)

I would do the wpkg part (2) with a package description like this:

-------8<------------------
<package id="libreoffice" ... >

<check type="uninstall" condition="versiongreaterorequal"
path="^LibreOffice [0-9\.]+$" value="4.3.1" />

<install include="remove"/>
<install cmd='msiexec /i libreoffice.msi /passive' />

<remove cmd='whatever the libreoffice support forum tells you to do' />
</package>

Greetings ...
  Marco