[wpkg-users] Invalid XML path specified

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Thu Feb 26 10:57:17 CET 2015

Hi Peter,

On 26.02.2015 07:21, Peter Gough wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been successfully using WPKG to manage my workstations but since updating
> to wpkg.js v1.3.1 I've been noticing the following errors in the event logs on
> my clients:
>
> Invalid XML path specified: hosts (not found).
> Invalid XML path specified: profiles (not found).

Perhaps you just left the default packages_path, profiles_path and hosts_path
values in config.xml (or didn't yet migrate config.xml so defaults are used:

Default values are:
		<param name='packages_path' value='packages.xml|packages' />
		<param name='profiles_path' value='profiles.xml|profiles' />
		<param name='hosts_path'    value='hosts.xml|hosts' />

And therefore WPKG looks for packaes.xml and packages/ folder as well as
profilex.ml and profiles/ folder and hosts.xml and hosts/ folder.

Perhaps your profiles/ and hosts/ folder simply does not exist. So either create
an (even empty) folder or remove the search path from your configuration so WPKG
will not try to look it up.