[wpkg-users] Hosts wildcard

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 00:31:33 CET 2015

Am 09.01.2015 um 15:17 schrieb Ben Court:

> Hi All,
>
> Please can you let me know if the wildcard works at the beginning of
> the host name, the documentation only gives examples at the end. For
> example:
>
> <host name=”.+teacher-pc” profile-id=”profile” /> or <host
> name=”+.teacher-pc” profile-id=”profile” />

The regular expression syntax at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ie/1400241x%28v=vs.94%29.aspx is
fully supported.

In addition, I would not use the old name attribute, since it can
misinterpret the pattern as IP.
Instead use the new hostname attribute, which only matches against the
hosts name.

--
Stefan P.

Top-posting: