[wpkg-users] WPKG vs OCS

Nicolas Briche nbriche at free.fr
Tue Mar 10 13:24:42 CET 2015

Le 2015-03-09 21:09, Carlos R. Pasqualini a écrit :

> Both coupled it's far better than one or the other, i think

Exactly.  Since I also use GLPI, my tool of choice is FusionInventory in
place of OCS, but the concept is exactly the same.  I create a
deployment package with just one command:

cscript //NoLogo <path to wpkg.js> /upgrade:<package> /quitonerror

And a return value of 0.

Then I create a group of computers based on whatever criteria are
relevant (usually "software x is obsolete").

Then I create a deployment task which targets that group of computers.

Voilà, automatic deployment using WPKG and OCS|GLPI/FI.

N.