[wpkg-users] Error searching registry sub-keys at ...

Kris Lou klou at themusiclink.net
Thu May 7 22:03:45 CEST 2015

All,

I have one machine that's seemingly having troubles installing a few
packages.  One of the errors that pops is:

Error when searching registry sub-keys at
> 'HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall'
> Code: 80041002; Descriptions: Not found
> Error evaluating check: 'length' is null or not an object

In addition, when in /debug I'll also get errors that can't determine
operating system information, domain membership, or search the registry at
HKLM...\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkCards\.

Does anybody have any idea how I can troubleshoot this?  I've been calling
wpkg.js from a fileshare at an administrative prompt, "cscript.exe
\\path\to\wpkg.js ..."

This is the only machine that's having these problems.

Thanks,

Kris Lou
klou at themusiclink.net