[wpkg-users] icacls command timing out when run by wpkg

heiko.helmle at horiba.com heiko.helmle at horiba.com
Fri Oct 2 12:25:16 CEST 2015

>       <install cmd='%COMSPEC% /C icacls C:\Users /t /c /remove:d
> Admin /grant Admin:r >NUL'/>

I've seen a naked >NUL fail quite often and did a bit of trial and error
and hat lots of pain with redirection. So I'll recommend you to try the /Q
Parameter and suppress most output.

If that doesn't help, try forcing the redirection to be interpreted by the
called cmd (with quotes) and try to redirect stderr as well:

"%COMSPEC% /C "icacls C:\Users /t /c /remove:d Admin /grant Admin:r >NUL
2>&1"

Redirection is a nightmare in CMD and wpkg complicates things a little.
For example this is the combination you need for 7z to unpack without
stalling:
"%COMSPEC%" /c ""%TOOLDIR%\7za.exe" x -o"%targetdir%" "%target%" >nul"

Best Regards
 Heiko