[wpkg-users] configuration and change management (ccm) with wpkg: how?

Holger Kröber kroeber at biom.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Oct 20 13:36:26 CEST 2015

Hi Dafydd,

Am 20.10.2015 um 11:58 schrieb Dafydd Jones (techneg.it):
> Holger,
>
> looking at your ccm package, the issue is how you differentiate config
> versions.
> You use an exists check, but the file already exists.
I don´t think that this causes the problem. Reason I: the second time i
executed the package, the chained package wasn´t even processed (i
verified this with the /debug parameter)
Reason II: i deleted some of the files that have been copied the first
time - the second time they didn´t reappear.
> I use a filesize check, because when I change a configuration that
> often changes the file size, and when it doesn't I add some extra
> comment. You could also compare the date of a file.
I guess it depends on the situation if a filesize check is preferable to
"execute=once". Having 5 big files and only one of them changes -> use
filesize check. Have 3 little txt-files and
one or all changes ->execute=once will do it.

> On upgrade, you only increment the config package revision number, not
> both.
I will try this out.
Thanks,
Holger