[wpkg-users] Renaming file in System32

Jan-Niklas.Nowak at materna.de Jan-Niklas.Nowak at materna.de
Wed Aug 17 10:19:50 CEST 2016

Hi

I've been trying to copy images to a folder within System32 and then rename one of them.
I created one package responsible to copy the images to the path and then rename one file.

The copying works. Since I'm using xcopy the missing folders are being generated automatically.
I can see, that the files have been copied correctly and rename them using the explorer.

However any attempt of renaming one file afterwards failed.
Strangely this seems to only happen when using wpkg.
When trying to execute it manually using cmd it works just fine.
Whenever using wpkg I get the "The system cannot find the path specified" error.
I tried to run the package multiple times to ensure that the images are properly copied.
I tried to run the package without the xcopy command to make sure the files are not in use.
Those were not the issue.

Below I will include the code snippets I used without the boilerplate package structure or checks:

<install cmd='xcopy "%RESOURCES%\images\*" "%windir%\System32\oobe\info\backgrounds" /y /i /q /r' />
<install cmd='rename "%windir%\System32\oobe\info\backgrounds\old_filename.jpg" backgroundDefault.jpg ' />

%RESOURCES% links to the folder which includes the images that have to be copied.

Best

Jan-Niklas Nowak
Auszubildener zum
Fachinformatiker
Anwendungsentwicklung

Business Line Mobility
Telefon: +49 231 5599-8125
E-Mail: jan.nowak at materna.de
Materna GmbH | Voßkuhle 37 | D-44141 Dortmund | Germany
Geschäftsführer: Helmut Binder, Ralph Hartwig
Amtsgericht Dortmund HRB 5839