[wpkg-users] Java 8 on Win64 - the saga continues...

Marco Schmidt schmidt at fgcz.ethz.ch
Sat Feb 20 10:57:30 CET 2016

At least one of the questions I could answer by myself now.
I logged the environment the "WPKG Service" is running with.

System User has its AppData folder under:
%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\config\systemprofile

And I can abandon my theory about the msi folder, because finally I
found it in:
%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\LocalLow\Oracle\java\jre1.8.0....

One option I will test with this knowledge is to use this msi to install
java. In detail:
1. start the jre...exe which puts the msi in the path described above.
2. use msiexec to install the msi in the path described above.

This would skip the step of extracting the msi manually.

Greetings ...
 Marco

PS: It's never a problem, it's always a challenge :-)