[wpkg-users] Thunderbird and Lightning: Problems after upgrading to new version

Holger Kröber kroeber at biom.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Jan 13 11:32:04 CET 2016

Hello,

when i deployed the first version of thunderbird that included the
lightning addon, a couple of
users experienced strange problems (the help entry in the menu was
missing, mails in the inbox not visible, lightning not working).
Luckily, only a few users have had this issue. My solution:

  * start thunderbird in safe mode
  * uninstall ligthning, close thunderbird
  * start thunderbird (normal mode) and install the addon with the addon
    manager

I thougt that the problem was gone, but with the latest release (38.5.1)
it happened again.

I don´t think that wpkg is the culprit :)
I just want to know if others had the same problems and
maybe they found a solution to avoid this problem in the future (e.g.
with a logon script in the context of the user that
deletes / copies files in the thunderbird profile etc.).

Regards,
Holger